Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pink Lady Dancers


Pink Lady Dancers a video by Kara 2 on Flickr.
( Have a quick look at the short bit of footage I took and keep in mind I added a royalty free song but their music was dance appropriate such as when the skeletons came out "Bad to the Bone" played, etc.)]

Visit the web site here: http://pinkladydancers.webs.com/dancesystem.htm

I happened upon a variety show in Second Life at Blue Lagoon Ranch yesterday and the notice said there would be 8 different SL dance troupes performing.  When I landed I noticed there was an area set up of various sets/stages and in one of them there was a dance group performing, but soon they ended and the audience moved on to the next set where The Pink Lady Dancers began a routine. I found it somewhat unique as their stage was set in black and their costumes were bright glowing fluorescent.  Soon I realized this would look good on video so flipped on my fraps to record a little.  Since I was not really prepared for that I only captured a little, not even sure what I'd do with it, but I thoroughly enjoyed this new effect.  After their routines the audience again moved on to another set and another group of dancers.  I touched base with ZhaZa Zerbino of the Pink Lady Dancers to inquire a bit more about them.  She advised me they have a web site, see here:  http://pinkladydancers.webs.com/      and from this I gathered more information about their group and the variety shows and also determined that this was her sim and set up that they promote the variety shows on that other dance troupes or performers can also perform at.  I thought this was a great idea.  Groups or individuals can get involved and do a few dances or a show in a venue where they have a good appreciative audience, other dancers in attendance, and see what others are doing. They did have a great crowd the entire time I was there, yet I noticed no lag at all.

The next variety show is scheduled for Sept 21st.  Check out their web site for all the details.  If you are a part of a dance troupe or performer that is interested in performing check it out too.  Here is a tiny excerpt of their information about it from their site that has a lot of good information about them as well as the venue and their variety shows: "Variety Shows  What's it all about?
You are a dancer or Variety artist who would like to show your performance on stage?
Well, then you are here at the right place!!
It can be;
*A solo dance act

*A Dance Group performance
* Live performance
*Some act you would like to show others (can be anything)
It has to be on stage and you have to entertain the audience.
Are you interested or want some more information, feel free to contact me.

If you like to join our variety shows, please send us a message.
Or contact Zhaza Zerbino inworld.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment