Sunday, February 8, 2015

Skye Galaxy/Sean Ryan is Back Singing in Second Life Again

"Sean released a self-produced EP under the pseudonym Apollo's Child. In September 2009, he was featured alongside Belgian producer Pole Folder on the single Hollow. The track, remixed by Robert Babicz, debuted on Pete Tong's Essential Selection (BBC Radio 1) and episode 290 of Trance Around the World with Above & Beyond. Polish trance producer Nitrous Oxide released a track featuring Sean on vocals for their studio album Dreamcatcher in April 2010 entitled Come Into My World.  Sean would later co-write tracks for ATB's Distant Earth, All I Need Is You and Killing Me Inside in April 2011, followed by When It Ends It Starts Again and Straight to the Stars for the album Contact in January 2014 which peaked at No. 1 on the Polish Music Charts." See his official web site here: http://www.saneyarn.com/#bio






Skye Galaxy (Sean) is the music sensation known for sold out crowds in SL and who seemed to sort of disappear off the grid music scene for a few years, reportedly for First Life adventures in the music world.  Today I received notice Skye would be singing at Key West today 2-8-15 at Key West at 2pm SLT.  So about a quarter till I tried to get in and the sims were full with capacity at about 96 avatars with some hovering (like myself) on neighboring sims.  This is how I stood or rather hovered over the watering sim divider camming in for photos and sound.  Skye got off to a slow start with technical difficulties.  The crowd was patient and even 20 minutes later with no real music I still could not get into the sim due to it being at capacity. I was a little surprised 100 avatars would remember Skye and come so early.  I guess I should have known this would happen based on his past success. Skye is known for his beautiful voice, piano music, and specifically ballads that make all women and many men simply swoon.  I've blogged him before. His SL manager is Lo Bloch.


 According to his add board it appears he will be making some more SL appearances in the near future.  I took a pic of it so you can see the schedule for future use. Plus his profile actually says: "Status: Active ➀ I am regularly AFK ➁ Inquiries may be forwarded to Lo Bloch, but note that I am completely booked—see below for dates ➂ Links and other information are located in Picks Upcoming Shows: February 8, 2:00 pm SLT, The Keys February 15, 12:00 pm SLT, The Refuge February 15, 3:00 pm SLT, The Boom Pony February 22, 3:00 pm SLT, Seaside Lounge March 15, 3:00 pm SLT, Templemore March 22, 3:00 pm SLT, The Pier"

About 30 minn later the crowd thinned to 90 and I was able to cross the boarder and get in. I stayed back a ways in hopes of remaining stable but about that time he was singing and sounded just amazing as I remember. Even better, as his voice sounds a little more mature. The ballads rolled and the crowed and I were more than pleased.    I've listened to Skye in SL since he started. He said he has a little more free time right now to sing.  He played over 30 minutes to make up for the time it took him to get his stream up and running.    

No comments:

Post a Comment